When you start – just show up
When you start training, you do not need any equipment. Please wear something sporty and comfortable. (more about your first training)
Equipment to buy
- Boxing gloves and mouth guard. Recommended gloves sizes for men: 10-12 oz, women: 8-10 oz. When to buy? As soon as possible.
- Groin guard – One of the first things to buy. Groin protectors come in men and women’s versions. When to get one? As soon as possible.
- Shin guards. When? When you have all the items listed above.
- MMA / grappling gloves. When? After 2-3 months into training.
- Head guard (helmet). When? After at least 3-4 months, recommended for sparring sessions.
- optional – Knee pads (soft volleyball-style, not tactical)
- optional for women – Breast protector. When? When you decide you need it.
- optional – Forearm protectors. When? When you decide you need them.